To introduce my next week’s article, I have those three questions:
You must find the number of strokes and penalties…
1. Albert sends his ball near a tree
2. Albert hits his second stroke, but the ball hits the tree, the ball is deflected on his leg and ends Out of Bounds
3. He drops a ball near the spot of his previous stroke and sends the ball on the green
4. His next stroke goes into the hole
1. Diane sends her ball on the green
2. She marks the ball, replaces it and a gust of wind moves the ball a few inches
3. Her last stroke, from the new position sends the ball in the hole
1. Lucy sends her ball on the green about two feet from the hole
2. She makes her second stroke; the ball makes a horse shoe around the hole and is stopped by her left foot at 3 feet from the hole
3. She sends her last stroke in the hole.
NOTE: In all those cases, the players hit their tee shot on the next hole.